Dental Crowns and Bridges In Wakad Pune
A crown or cap is a popular form of dental restorative treatment designed to repair damaged and broken teeth. Crown is positioned over the tooth to create smoother look and enhance strength and durability. It is often recommended after Root Canal Treatment. Crown are designed to match your tooth color. It strengthen and protect your tooth structure and improves appearance of your smile.
A bridge is a dental restoration to replace one or more missing teeth. It includes an artificial tooth or teeth which are fused to crowns on either side to provide support.
Various types of crows are available like all porcelain crowns, porcelain fused to metal crown, nickel chromium crown, metal crown, zirconia crown, monolith crown etc. Patients are given option to choose among these crowns based on doctors suggestions.
Crown preparation procedure may or may not require anesthesia depending on vitality of teeth. It takes two to three visits. The procedure involves:
First visit: usually takes 30 min to 45 min
- Tooth surface is reduced approximately 1 mm to 2.5 mm depending on your bite or crown type
- Negative replica of the teeth is taken by Impression material
- further positive replica is made and sent to lab
- It usually takes 4 to 5 days to cast your customized crown
Second Visit: 10 min.
- Trial of unpolished crown is done to check the shape, size, fitness, position and bite of your teeth. this is done to give maximum retention and aesthetic.
Third visit: 10 min
- Final cementation of customized crown is done on prepared tooth.